VAL DI FIEMME
A winter holiday in Val di Fiemme means:
- 105 km of cross country trails and 110 km for downhill and snowboarding.
- The historic Marcialonga , the most important cross-country skiing competition in Italy, held on the last Sunday of January, joined over the years by the summer versions (June and September) by bike and running : in short, a real Paradise in the mountains for sportsmen.
On a Summer vacation you can enjoy:
- Sporting events, cultural events linked to the territory and food and wine itineraries. In fact, in summer, the Val di Fiemme becomes the ideal place and destination for trekking, climbing, mountain biking and, in particular, for horseback riding, along the 400 km of the Eastern Trentino Horse Trail .
- Marcialonga Cycling , 135 km for a ring that from Predazzo climbs by bike to Lavazé and San Pellegrino, returning to the starting point. It takes place in June.
- Marcialonga Running , in September these tough 26 km that attract runners from all over the world, retrace the route from Marcialonga from Moena to Cavalese.
Val di Fiemme is renowned for the "Sounds of the Dolomites" review . An event that takes place in the summer between July and August, at high altitude. A Festival of Music that includes a series of concerts by artists from all over the world who perform in clearings, next to the ponds and on rock faces, always at high altitude. Nature becomes a stage for different musical genres, both classical and modern, with one goal: to make you live an incomparable experience in which music meets the mountains one step away from the sky.
Walks in the nature
You can devote yourself to regenerating walks in Val di Fiemme, choosing from a wide range of different routes, always immersed in the magical nature of the Dolomites and Trentino:
1) Walk between Ziano and Predazzo (countryside) with river park variant or cycle path starting at Hotel NELE, time: 90 minutes round trip safely.
2) Pontalagia walk between Ziano and Panchi (departure at Villa Jolanda) and return along the Avisio passing through the ancient wooden bridge of Panchi duration about 60 minutes.
3) Bellamonte , Castelir facilities, easy hike to all levels also suitable for strollers with arrival at Malga Bocche (in summer always open) and back with possibility staging and games at the water park GIRO d & rsquo; ALI at the intermediate station, duration about 3 hours .
4) Paneveggio Nature Park : easy walk on the Marci & ograve trail; with 2 suspension bridges on Travignolo and possibility; to visit the museum.
5) Val Venegia , one of the most important; beautiful mountain valleys. Soft version: walk to Malga Venegia ( duration 1 hour round trip) and Venegiota.
6) Little Lakes of Colbricon , starting from Passo Rolle 2 hours round trip with a nice mountain path.
7) Alpe Cermis / Cavalese : departure from the Paion del Cermis, (arrival of the chair lift) and medium difficulty trail; to the Bombasel lakes ( a / r 3 hours ) Soft version: departure Doss dei Laresi station (intermediate) towards Salanzada and back to the valley station Masi di Cavalese 60 minutes.
8) Passo di Lavaz and Passo Oclini various possibilities; of all levels.
9) Predazzo – Latemar – Pampeago the most ambitious and challenging & egrave; the Passo Feudo trail and Rifugio Torre di Pisa starting from the arrival of the chairlift that climbs from Predazzo a / r 3 hours Soft version: same departure with the path towards Passo Pampeago, Malga Maierl up to the fantastic Oberholz refuge a / r 3 hours medium easy .
10) From Ziano ascent by car to the Cauriol and Malga Sadole shelter , theater of the First World War with possibility to climb up to the trenches and to the summit of Mount Cauriol (last part only for experienced and trained) total time 5 hours.
Enogastronomy in Val di Fiemme
A holiday in Val di Fiemme gives you the opportunity to taste the cuisine of Trentino, a mix between the Italian traditions (Lombardy, Venetian) and German. From goulash to knödel, then classic polenta to barley soup, before passing onto typical cheeses like Fontal or Caprino di Cavalese, which go perfectly with the local honey. Come and discover the Dolomite Cheese Route, visit the farmhouses and facilities, and meet the local producers who offer hand-made products with unique flavours, reminiscent of a simple and genuine gastronomic tradition, but with intense flavours.
Allow yourself to be guided through this delicious experience from another time.
And not just cheeses. You have to taste the salami, the sausages and the jams with which the sweet Trentino cakes are made. And how should you accompany these local products? With the wines or the beer of Fiemme, of course. It’s also possible to visit the brewery of the same name, where it is produced by hand.
VAL DI FASSA
In summer the Val di Fassa offers a beautiful golf course in the countryside, in Campitello di Fassa just 5 km from the Wellness Fassa. A path with 10 positions and with the possibility of taking lessons from PGAI professional instructors registered at the Feder Golf Trentino.
There are numerous riding stables that offer horseback excursions through the mountains and woods of the area, to enjoy the wonderful scenery, or carriage rides to Passo del Pellegrino, to reach the surrounding huts. The nearest riding school is located in Predazzo, just 2 km from the farm.
The spas: known since ancient times and frequented since the fifteenth century for their therapeutic and curative properties, these thermal waters flow from the natural Alloch sulfur source. Just in Pozza di Fassa is the new spa QC terme that fits elegantly into this natural landscape, to offer you a unique sensory experience that rebalances body and mind.
Hang gliding and paragliding in Val di Fassa
Everyday, from the slopes of Col Rodella and Belvedere, enthusiasts set themselves free flying over breathtaking views of the panorama. If you’d like to share this unique experience, or if you are a beginner, you can use the two person paraglider with an instructor, in complete safety, who will allow you to discover a landscape that, seen from the sky, will leave you with extraordinary memories that will stay with you forever.
Cycling in Val di Fassa
Trentino boasts an important cycling tradition, so some places like the Pordoi, Costalunga and San Pellegrino pass have been included several times in the Giro d'Italia stages. You can relive the emotions of the greatest champions who have made the history of cycling. For fans of this sport, the valley offers different routes for racing and mountain bikes. And if you do not have a bike ... it's not a problem, you can rent it on site, even with pedal assistance for each slope: the Local Motion Rent awaits you with a wide range of bikes for every need, recommending the most suitable for routes you want to do.